Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Art Nouveau for Exploring Cricut and More

Hello.  Is spring finally here?  These flowery cards fit right in.

I enjoy making cards to order.  For these I was asked to make cards for a woman who loves pansies and hummingbirds. They are both A2 size cards and were made with Cricut's Art Nouveau cartridge.


I  placed a small jewel in the center of each pansy to add sparkle.   I did a little shaping to the petals to add some dimension.
In the first card, I printed the sentiment on white cardstock before I ran it through the embosser.  Some pop dots are used for depth.
 The second card uses the design as it is appears in the booklet.  A touch of distress ink around the edges makes a big difference. and produces a finished look.  I hope you like them.

Thanks for stopping by and happy creating.
Rae Ann

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful card! The hummingbird is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful Rae Ann!!! I have this cartridge and made the hummingbird on a card for my Mom. She loved it. And I know whom ever are getting these are going to love them. :)

    ReplyDelete