Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

An Envelope Mini-Album

I'm beginning to think I'm psychic.  This is the 3rd time recently that I've been working on a project and it turns out to perfectly match a current challenge theme.  This one will be entered in the Fantabulous Cricut 'Get Organized' challenge.  (I'M ALSO GOOFY! I NAMED IT INCORRECTLY.  I USED GREEN BAGS I BOUGHT AT MICHAELS, NOT ENVELOPES.  ENVELOPES I'LL USE IN MY NEXT ONE. Sorry.for the error.)

My sister moved to Florida last summer.  Every so often she emails me pictures which I save on the computer or sometimes print out.  They're not too handy to look at that way so I decided to make a place to collect them.  I used the envelope mini-album demonstrated by Steph Miller on You Tube.  It's definitely a work-in-progress because I have more to add and more will be coming.

Jennifer Rzasa was kind enough to explain how she created a picture collage for her site (Our Change of Art) so I can save you from scrolling through 10 photos.  I didn't want to display faces on the internet without their permission so I made little post-it-note cover-ups.

I'm finding wonderful phrases appropriate to pictures throughout the cricut cartridges.  So far, I've used Phrase, 3 Birds on Parade, Graphically Speaking, Holiday Cakes and Picturesque.
I had a lot of trouble getting these pictures in here today.  But, here they are.  Please go to Fantabulous Cricut to see the other great organizational projects being entered in this challenge.

Happy creating.
Rae Ann

12 comments:

  1. Your album came out so nice I like the circle faces(ha Ha)
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mini, I like how simple it is, keeps the focus on your pictures, and the images you used are great!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mini albums and yours is terrific! Your sayings are great! I have to ask, what is on the back of the girl that's sky diving?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that's the guy she's harnassed to and the chute pack that's on him. This lady turned 60 and decided to do this. She LOVED it.

      Delete
  4. I love how you made a mini album to store and organize all your photos from the computer !! Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB !!!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rae Ann - you've inspired me! What a great idea! Thanks for joining us at FCCB:-)

    ~Tammy S

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! I think this would be a great gift idea for my mother-in-law who is always printing pictures of her one and only granddaughter. Did you buy all the envelopes together or just collect them or did you make them? Also, do you know how many photos get tucked inside each envelope? I seriously think this is ADORABLE! I have tons of envelopes here, but maybe it would be fun to use some designer paper and make them? You have inspired me!!!! Thanks!!! (I'm just another Fantabulous Cricut Challenge follower who clicked on your entry...now I think I MUST follow you!!!) N at nacolescardsandcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fo the kind words and becoming a follower. OMG I mis-named it (because I am also working on an envelope mini). I used bags I bought at Michaels for this one. I have six in the album now but 12 come in a pack so I can add more pages when I want. The way Steph Miller explains it you end up with 2 tags in each bag as well as the front and back of it and another spot for a small tag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNhsKVlIbtg&list=UU_R6HGa-RGZBy4WwlzoWkxw&index=29
      This is the video I watched. Have fun.
      Rae Ann

      Delete
    2. I hope you know to copy and paste the URL into the space instead of re-typing it. These long names are murder. LOL
      Rae Ann

      Delete
  7. Fab way of organising your photo's, looked like an amazing day too !! Thank you for joining my blog and playing along with us at FCCB this week xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great albumn! Love the papers and layout. Very nice!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, love it when a project just happens to meet the criteria of a challenge! Love your mini-album--bags...envelopes...doesn't matter, superb work!! Thanks for stopping by my little blog!
    {hugs}
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete