Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Die Cut Flowers - Paper Playtime Challenge #69

I enjoyed making this card.  Take a look and then I'll give you details.
From the bottom up:  The checked area is actually duct tape.  There were some fancy designs and colors on sale and I knew it would look good in something like this.

The 'basket' is woven using a craft yarn I bought at A.C.Moore.  It's like a loosely crocheted tube that flattens out.  I wove it around a piece of cardboard.  (I saw a card where someone used twine to create a basket look.  I'm sorry I don't remember who.  But, that was my inspiration.)

I wanted to do something non-Flower Shoppe.  All these flower cuts are from the Cricut Forever Young Cartridge.  I mixed colors and shapes and even stamped some print on a few.  Then I added pearls and rhinestones as centers.  All the leaves and curls were cut from Cricut's Picturesque Cartridge.  Everything was distressed with Tim Holtz's vintage photo distress ink.

If I remember correctly, the 'hello' sentiment came in a set of Papertrey stamps.

Other flower die-cut entries can be seen at Paper Playtime.

Thanks for looking.  Happy creating.
Rae Ann

3 comments:

  1. Rae Ann,
    This is absolutely gorgeous. Wow. I need to dig that cartridge out. You did an amazing job with this project. Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most amazing card! I love all the details. Thank you so much for brightening my day with this. And thank you for playing at Paper Playtime. Hugs! Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. waue amazing love all the details also

    ReplyDelete