Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Georgia O'Keefe - So Artful Challenge

I love these challenges.  They are always different and intriguing.  My card began with a happy accident.  I printed out the picture of Georgia O'Keefe and then I planned on printing out several copies of the very colorful artwork.  I fed the paper into the printer incorrectly and ended up overprinting the colored picture onto the portrait.  Yes!!  And the card grew from there.

The quote states: "I found I could say things with colors and shapes that I couldn't say any other way -things I had no words for."

I don't find this to be a 'pretty card' but it is hypnotic.  I tried to form words to explain my reactions to it but I can't.  I want to stare at it and in it I find motion, and sensuality, and mystique.  What do you see?

I just linked this to the challenge and I can't believe I used the same quote and picture as Sharon on the design team.  We must be on the same wavelength; it was not intentional.

This card is entered in the So Artful Challenge.  To see more, click here.

Happy Creating
Rae Ann

3 comments:

  1. Ohh this is too cool- and you're right..it's hypnotic! Great inspiration! Thanks for joining us at So Artful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a dramatic and stunning piece you've "accidentally" created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely sensual and hypnotic. What a magical accident! Thanks for joining us at Soartful!

    ReplyDelete